King Hermit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
King Hermit

the official King Hermit message board

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tuns Gig Tonight???

Go down 
+3
Dan Searles
Dr Brackish Okun
Corky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Corky
Fanatic
Fanatic
Corky

Male
Number of posts : 432
Hermit Points : 1528

Tuns Gig Tonight??? Empty
PostSubject: Tuns Gig Tonight???   Tuns Gig Tonight??? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 6:37 pm

The Pockets, Jesus Deluxe and King Hermit

Who's going?
Back to top Go down
Dr Brackish Okun
Stalker
Stalker
Dr Brackish Okun

Male
Number of posts : 1322
Hermit Points : 2628

PostSubject: Re: Tuns Gig Tonight???   Tuns Gig Tonight??? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 11:49 pm

PISS. I completely forgot about this, sorry guys Sad
Back to top Go down
Dan Searles
Stalker
Stalker
Dan Searles

Male
Number of posts : 1331
Hermit Points : 2333

PostSubject: Re: Tuns Gig Tonight???   Tuns Gig Tonight??? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:09 am

How did it go? Did you meet the new owner(s)? Is it still the same pa set up in there? Who did the sound? Does it still have the same smell upstairs?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dansearles.com
Mr Stuart
Fanatic
Fanatic
Mr Stuart

Male
Number of posts : 412
Hermit Points : 660

PostSubject: Re: Tuns Gig Tonight???   Tuns Gig Tonight??? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:21 pm

From my point of view there were good and bad points about the place last night...

downstairs was nicely decorated, looked much more like a proper pub and felt nicer to be in i.e much brighter and no stacks of amps in the middle of the room, however I thought the music down there was well too loud to talk, i know its personal opinion as to whether you want loud music when out but personally I like somewhere I can chat and hear people, then go upstairs to blast my ears off. Drinks prices took the piss a bit too, paying £2 for a pint of a soft drink which they just pour out of a big 2l bottle with £1.71 written on it was a bit galling, at least have it on tap, I should have just popped round tesco for a can of coke every half hour really.

Upstairs by contrast felt really empty,stark and unfinished, lighting was terrible, from too bright when no bands on to just a red light on stage when they were playing, sound seemed ok, but definately heard it better in there. I'm sure all this will get better once it gets going as they finish it all off with better lighting etc

Didn't stay for much of the gig to be honest as it over-ran so heavily I had to leave after king hermit, I still can't understand how despite bands getting there for like 6pm these things never run on time and theres always still sound checks going on and equipment lying around way past doors opening time, it really gets my goat. Aside from that it seemed a pretty successful night, the place was really really busy and had a nice buzz to it, King Hermit were good as ever and Jims stage presence was fantastic, certainly the best i've seen, cocky, confident and just enjoying it. In the interests of being honest one of Seans vocals seemed well off, it was the chorus of one of the later songs, shes a deceiver or vagabond maybe, i cant remember, but thats just being picky, rest of it was top notch, we all enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblackbelts
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male
Number of posts : 3341
Hermit Points : 5333

PostSubject: Re: Tuns Gig Tonight???   Tuns Gig Tonight??? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:03 pm

Cheers for those that did come down and glad you enjoyed it stu. We have changed the vocals slightly in Home Sweet Homeless, which could have been what you picked up on? Or was it actually out of tune?

Nice to see the room full last night. It was a good opening night. I agree about the lighting and things, but Carl will get it sorted soon and it'll be back to normal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinghermit.com
Mr Stuart
Fanatic
Fanatic
Mr Stuart

Male
Number of posts : 412
Hermit Points : 660

PostSubject: Re: Tuns Gig Tonight???   Tuns Gig Tonight??? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:13 pm

aye he just didn't quite hit the note, all 3 of us picked upon it like, nothing to worry about though, just slap him and tell him to do it right next time
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblackbelts
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male
Number of posts : 3341
Hermit Points : 5333

PostSubject: Re: Tuns Gig Tonight???   Tuns Gig Tonight??? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:16 pm

it will be done.
Back to top Go down
Danny
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Danny

Male
Number of posts : 946
Hermit Points : 2771

PostSubject: Re: Tuns Gig Tonight???   Tuns Gig Tonight??? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:25 pm

sportsdirect.com@MrStuart wrote:
downstairs was nicely decorated, looked much more like a proper pub

the bar looked like someone had made their own in their bathroom
Back to top Go down
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 5959
Hermit Points : 12391

PostSubject: Re: Tuns Gig Tonight???   Tuns Gig Tonight??? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 8:09 pm

I think Stuart is over reacting slightly, the place needs work no doubt but it has just re-opened, gotta see how it goes first.

Gig was ok, I had fun and the crowd seemed to enjoy it, Jesus Deluxe were atmospheric as fuck (and loud mind!) and The Pockets performed well, but there songs just don't do it for me, just my humble opinion.

Good night, thanks to all of you for coming, means alot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuns Gig Tonight???   Tuns Gig Tonight??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuns Gig Tonight???
Page 1 of 1