King Hermit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
King Hermit

the official King Hermit message board

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keresley festival. How was it for you?

Go down 
+14
the slave
deadfilmstar chris
Corky
Dan Searles
HULK SMASH!
Muldoon
Sound Foundry
Geordie
Chad Sexxington
Mr Stuart
Jimatay
Dale
Dr Brackish Okun
Kelly
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelly
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Kelly

Number of posts : 969
Hermit Points : 2593

Keresley festival. How was it for you? Empty
PostSubject: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:34 am

For me it was an ace day/night. A bit too long though.
Top quality bands.
King Hermit sounded pretty darn good.
Good weather - although that meant a lot of people just sat in the sun and didn't venture into the tent to see the bands.
A good selection of people, not all the usual gig going crowd.
Got to catch up with some old friends.
Good sound and lighting
A mobile tatooist doing good business.
We sold some tee shirts.
A guy telling me that they should do a gig like this every month.

Top marks to those involved for organising it in such a small time as well.
Back to top Go down
Dr Brackish Okun
Stalker
Stalker
Dr Brackish Okun

Male
Number of posts : 1322
Hermit Points : 2628

PostSubject: Re: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:50 am

I'll comment on this later I think, it was an alright day, not at all happy about how it ran though
Back to top Go down
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 5959
Hermit Points : 12391

PostSubject: Re: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:00 am

Posted this on CMS, might as well repeat.

We didn't bother camping in the end, lots of people decided not to bother so might as well just sleep at home.

But the festival was great, started off a little slow but around 5 it really picked up and was mental by the time Just Morale went on, i literally don't know how that band have so many followers but they're obviously doing something right.

Good work by all, despite the hiccups in starting they managed to get back on track perfectly. Well done to John, Dick, Myke, Ciaran and Mike P, oh and Kelly for doing the merch stall, we managed to sell a handful of Tees so it worked out pretty good.

Next year will be even better there.

Me, Jim and Myke had a right old good rant session late into the night, was good to let off some steam about certain things about being in a band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinghermit.com
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male
Number of posts : 3341
Hermit Points : 5333

PostSubject: Re: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:19 am

A hit and miss day for me. Didn't enjoy it as much as planned to. I thought Flight On The Pier getting bumped up to second last or wherever they were totally pissed on every other band. Everybody knew their times for weeks now, so if they wanted people there for when they were on or wasn't happy, they've had weeks to arrange people coming or to bring up the matter. It just looked like if you piss and moan about things you get your way to me. I know dad's of the band were involved in putting it on and funding the event, but so was Dale in Covstock and im sure if i moaned about playing where we played at that, we wouldnt have been moved. Its just about respect.

But other than that, i thought the day ran smoothly and it was a decent turn out. So well done to everyone involved.

Last edited by Jim on Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am

John was ready to walk out after that decision.
Back to top Go down
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male

PostSubject: Re: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:32 am

So was i, only because we had people coming to watch i didn't. Dampened my mood to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:37 am

Jim, get your Mum a v neck white Hermit tee sorted.
Back to top Go down
Mr Stuart
Fanatic
Fanatic
Mr Stuart

Male
Number of posts : 412
Hermit Points : 660

PostSubject: Re: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:53 pm

thats why we had to rush round getting set up at a moments notice? because a band wanted to go on later??? that well takes the piss, was well annoyed about it at the time but assumed that at least there was a good reason for it, obviously not. Meant that I weren't as up for it as I would have been, played like crap but hey ho, was fun anyway

Had a good one otherwise though, good healthy crowds and great weather considering how the last week has been. Hopefully next year will attract a bit more attention after the success of this one, a few more stalls etc

Only suggestion I could think of to improve it would is to re-brand it so its not so keresley specific, everyone I tried to get to come was put off immediately by the word keresley in its name, just call it the coventry rock festival or something, adds a bit more prestige and most music fests are outside the city they're linked to anyway.

well done everyone involved, the fuckload of work you put in so people can have a nice day in the sun is really appreciated
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblackbelts
Mr Stuart
Fanatic
Fanatic
Mr Stuart

Male
Number of posts : 412
Hermit Points : 660

PostSubject: Re: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Laura (helens mate) claimed later that King Hermit were easily as good as kings of leon, haha, so there you go! someone was impressed! Had lynnette singing home sweet homeless ALL FECKING NIGHT too, so thats another ep sale in the bag for ya, hermies are really playing well at the minute I think, good blend between poppyness and rockyness
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblackbelts
Dr Brackish Okun
Stalker
Stalker
Dr Brackish Okun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:03 pm

I've been racking my brains last night and this morning trying to figure out what the hermesh need to do. I reckon it could be a keyboard player similar sorta thing to the Coral?

You're not a million miles from early supergrass in some respects...I reckon confidence is a possible issue too? It's a weird one cause you're a really good band. I just think perhaps some keys will give you that other edge and possibly a bit more freedom, potentially keys solos than guitar solos to mix it up a little?
Back to top Go down
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male

PostSubject: Re: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:28 pm

I dont know what it is, but im dead set against a keyboard player. Though it might work in half the set in the other half it wont. Simon from Motor Museum said it best when he said "You're a good guitar band, stay a guitar band" However in the studio i would put down a bit of keys gladly. Fire When Ready is crying out for a Doors like organ.

At the moment its the confidence thing. We've always said it, when theres a big crowd we raise our game. But lately we seem to be getting the shitty deal at gigs. Still very VERY gratful for everyone who DOES bother to come see us.
Back to top Go down
Dr Brackish Okun
Stalker
Stalker
Dr Brackish Okun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:34 pm

Yeah I'm thinking more organ sounds than synth sounds.

I'll comment on how the day went later on, I wasn't consulted once about any decision and that fucked me off greatly.
Back to top Go down
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male

PostSubject: Re: Keresley festival. How was it for you?   Keresley festival. How was it for you? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:37 pm

and Myke: