King Hermit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
King Hermit

the official King Hermit message board

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)

Go down 
+4
jodie
shell
markyg
Dale
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 5959
Hermit Points : 12391

Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) Empty
PostSubject: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:04 pm

A few questions about the site / message board if you wouldn't mind answering, guests can now post for the benefit of this.

• How often do you visit this forum?

• Are you always logged in or do you browse first as a guest?

• What prompts your visit? (or example, a link on facebook / twitter or just part of your daily viewing)

• Do you ever feel intimidated by threads or users? ( vis-à-vis why you don't post often if at all?)

• As a guest, why don't you feel inclined to sign up / sign in?

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to do it, it will help alot.

Last edited by Drivdac on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinghermit.com
markyg
Menace
Menace
markyg

Male
Number of posts : 2061
Hermit Points : 1079

Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:27 pm

1,at least once a day
2. Logged in always
3. Just part of everyday viewing
4. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblackbelts
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks Mark!
Back to top Go down
shell
Beginner
Beginner

Female
Number of posts : 24
Hermit Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:48 pm

1 & 3 at least once a day as part of my regular internet viewing.

2 & 5 Browse first...only ever log in if i have something to say...don't see the point of logging in if i'm just reading.

4 intimidated no...uninterested yes! (sorry that sounds a little harsh..i guess alot of the threads are movie based and well i'm not a massive movie fan nor am i concerned about Jessica Rabbit and her attributes Razz ) x
Back to top Go down
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:21 pm

That's absolutely fine Shell infact, that's the sort of feedback I want.
Back to top Go down
jodie
Fan
Fan
jodie

Female
Number of posts : 59
Hermit Points : 271

PostSubject: Re: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:01 pm

I would say i visit about every other day , just to check in see whats happenning about soe trip at the moment and to be nosey .
I never fell intimidated by threads or users .
Always log in straight away
Back to top Go down
Rig
Stalker
Stalker
Rig

Male
Number of posts : 1493
Hermit Points : 1628

PostSubject: Re: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:50 pm

i come only daily at work and some late nights, mostly to read, sometimes post but i haven't had much to say recently on any social type site so activitety has been low compared to say a year ago

i feel intimidated all the time but then i was always the paranoid one in the band
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/moschakis
Kelly
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Kelly

Number of posts : 969
Hermit Points : 2593

PostSubject: Re: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:57 pm

I come here all the time through-out the day. Mostly browsing, but log in if I want to leave a comment or vote.

As I knew a lot of the posters before I ever came on here I know that a lot of the comments are tongue in cheek or ironic, but newbies could feel that they are viewing a private members club on occasions, and I'm sure thats not what you want.

Maybe forums have had their day, due to Facebook, I don't know.

However, the King Hermit website is top notch, so you should be encouraging people to visit it, even if they don't go on the forum.

Kelly

Back to top Go down
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
Sound Foundry

Male
Number of posts : 2735
Hermit Points : 4360

PostSubject: Re: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 4:40 pm

Drivdac wrote:

• How often do you visit this forum? - several times, most days even if I don't post

• Are you always logged in or do you browse first as a guest? - always logged in

• What prompts your visit? (or example, a link on facebook / twitter or just part of your daily viewing) - usually some shenanigans going on to brighten up my day (except recently when it's been a little quiet)

• Do you ever feel intimidated by threads or users? ( vis-à-vis why you don't post often if at all?) - hardly applicable really seeing as I am one of the ones most likely to offend.

• As a guest, why don't you feel inclined to sign up / sign in? - N/A

Just an additional observation - the 'board takeover' isn't a good idea because it even puts off regular users - I found not knowing who was who really frustrating and my interest level did seem to wane a little. That's coming from a hardened Hermesh user too.

Also, it might be a good idea to have a sticky where we can all introduce who we are so that anyone new to the board can get a quick 'Who's Who' guide to the members - people might not actually realise that they know more people on here than they thought they did. This might make signing up a little less daunting. Not compulsory of course, but for those members who don't mind letting people know who they are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesoundfoundry.co.uk
jodie
Fan
Fan
jodie

Female
Number of posts : 59
Hermit Points : 271

PostSubject: Re: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 5:30 pm

I think you have made some very good points john , I did feel when i joined a little bit of a outcast , which may have been due to not knowing who was who . In fact i think my first post on here was , can you please tell me who who's ? but i stuck around so there's something to say in that . maybe i like the abuse ha ha. I also think it does'nt matter what forum you join if you are easily offened it best not to join .
Back to top Go down
the amazing g
Devotee
Devotee
the amazing g

Male
Number of posts : 842
Hermit Points : 2347

PostSubject: Re: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 5:41 pm

I hit here every day, as a matter of fact it's one of my home pages.

I never feel intimidated, but I agree with Jodie and John the forum takeovers made it very hard to figure out who's who.

And yeah a sticky who's who thread is a great idea, Loving the Hermesh still though, and it's bee a great source of help and support for my upcoming charity event on the 18th of December... I may have already mentioned it once or twise...
Back to top Go down
zzzzzzzz

PostSubject: Re: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:26 pm

Make sure you get someone to spellcheck the flyers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)   Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

Please take a minute to answer these questions, GUESTS CAN POST (serious thread)
Page 1 of 1