King Hermit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
King Hermit

the official King Hermit message board

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is Religion A Good Thing?

Go down 
+7
Dale
markyg
Sound Foundry
migelrules
lena...
mandiemyztic
Jimatay
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Yes
Is Religion A Good Thing? Vote_lcap20%Is Religion A Good Thing? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
No
Is Religion A Good Thing? Vote_lcap40%Is Religion A Good Thing? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Not sure
Is Religion A Good Thing? Vote_lcap27%Is Religion A Good Thing? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Couldn't Give A Rat's Ass
Is Religion A Good Thing? Vote_lcap13%Is Religion A Good Thing? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male
Number of posts : 3341
Hermit Points : 5333

Is Religion A Good Thing? Empty
PostSubject: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Been watching the news, and as always there was someone killing someone because of religion. Got me thinking what a waste of time it is, then i thought that maybe in some cases it gives hope to people that need it. So im going on not sure on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinghermit.com
mandiemyztic
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 1
Hermit Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 5:44 pm

Fuck organized biased ass religion.

It causes nothing but problems.
Back to top Go down
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 5:48 pm

See i normally thing like that, but then you imagine some old person who's religious and dying of something. Their faith might make them more comfortable. So in that sense its a good thing.

However, too many people use religion as an exuse for personal gain. They ruin the whole idea for me.
Back to top Go down
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female
Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:06 pm

i think it can be a good thing depending on how they interpret their religion ...most religions are anti war yet they fight 4 their religion which is nonsence tbh... i am personaly religious and i dont hide behind my religion... i mean ... just because u r ... say for instance christian does not give you the right to go and concor an other contry but claiming to resque it ... as this is against what christianity stands for ...
Back to top Go down
migelrules
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:08 pm

religion provides faith for a lot of people, for some people its all they have. But its been tainted by those who do discraseful acts in the name of there "god", this is not meant to be racist at all, but the muslim extremists are the number one example, even the regular muslim community dont look kindly on this. And also the crusades. But religion does bring a lot of people together
Back to top Go down
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:13 pm

lena... wrote:
say for instance christian does not give you the right to go and concor an other contry but claiming to resque it

thats the trouble though, alot of them do as do other religions. The miss the whole point of their religion is about.
Back to top Go down
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:13 pm

i agree also not meaning to offend any one ... but most times its muslim v christianity .... and both preach peace how strange is this... extremists and christian soldiers are smuthering the name of their god... i think that we should all learn to respect each others religions even if we dont believe the same things.... and to be honesty thats what the koran and the bible say .... to live in peace yet there has never been a day of peace on the world... i bet no christians have read the koran and the bible and actualy understand both points of view..
Back to top Go down
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:15 pm

i think people should learn about their religion and other religion befor critisising other religions ... as otherwise itt causes shit
Back to top Go down
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:20 pm

someone please correct me if im wrong, but doesnt it say somewhere in the Koran that "A non muslim is a enemy of a muslim" ?? Not very peaceful is it? Again please correct me if im wrong
Back to top Go down
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 pm

lol... maybe ... could be then why do they live all over the world..? and i think only all the xtremists enterpret a line in the koran like that ... but may be not ... imnot muslim so i duno ... im not cristian eghter ... i would read the coran if i knew thelanguage ...
Back to top Go down
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
Sound Foundry

Male
Number of posts : 2735
Hermit Points : 4360

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:33 pm

I think religion is a fantastic thing. It brings out all the best qualities in a person.

I think you could all do with getting some God in your life........ MY God though, not yours and if not I'll have to kill you, because somewhere in the Gospel According To Sound Foundry it says that anyone with a fringe is spawn of Satan and has to die for the good of mankind.

Also, if you kill a fat cross eyed dog from Oz, you will be rewarded in heaven with 200 pints of Strongbow and a blow job from Claudia Schiffer every day for eternity. (I'll even throw in some nibbles)

This - my first post - IS the truth and anyone who disagrees will die.

So I can't understand why anyone could have a problem with religion - we will save the world from you heathens. Fact.

And Jim..... I'm correcting you 'cause you're wrong..... don't know what about, but you are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesoundfoundry.co.uk
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:34 pm

lol... whats your god then?
Back to top Go down
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:35 pm

lmao ..
Back to top Go down
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
Sound Foundry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:36 pm

My God is the God of "Whatever I Say Is Fact Cos God Talks To Me And Not To You Or Anyone Else So There, NERRR"
Back to top Go down
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:38 pm

lmao... he rules
Back to top Go down
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
Sound Foundry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:39 pm

We hold rituals where we offer up Pretzels and pickled onions and the occasional small child
Back to top Go down
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:42 pm

iew pickled unions... thats mingin
Back to top Go down
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
Sound Foundry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:43 pm

You will die for your blasphemy...... spawn of the devil!
Back to top Go down
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
Sound Foundry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:44 pm

(I notice the idea of a small child being sacrificed didn't phase you though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:45 pm

lmao... yeh ... ok then ... u can keep your pickled unions
Back to top Go down
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:45 pm

nah litle shits may die
Back to top Go down
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:47 pm

yeh u have good holidays then ???... in that religion of yours ?... like... drink as much as u want day or sumit like that?
Back to top Go down
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:48 pm

lol this forum is going so off the subject lol!
Back to top Go down
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
Sound Foundry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:49 pm

Yes we do. We have festivals of debauchery and the deflowering of virgins........ for forty days and forty nights
Back to top Go down
lena...
Fan
Fan
lena...

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:50 pm

lmao ... ok then ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Religion A Good Thing?   Is Religion A Good Thing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next