King Hermit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
King Hermit

the official King Hermit message board

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas

Go down 
+11
emsarmusic
markyg
Kelly
Dan Searles
Dr Brackish Okun
Caroline
Geordie
Dale
Rig
GuitarWanker
the slave
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rig
Stalker
Stalker
Rig

Male
Number of posts : 1493
Hermit Points : 1628

Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 9:38 am

sorry i missed the blackbelts Mark, my lift was late. i'll catch you's soon

fust time i've really seen King Hermit, a lot punkier than i thought and Dale's new bass is well slick.

Fiori sounded ace, nearly missed them cos the bird on the door wouldn't let me and Joe back in after popping downstairs
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/moschakis
markyg
Menace
Menace
markyg

Male
Number of posts : 2061
Hermit Points : 1079

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 9:53 am

I dunno, first missing us off your press release and then not coming to see us..hahahah RazzSmile im sure you will catch us soon mate.

Last night was wicked, shame about all the little fucktards outside fighting with everyone tho.

WELL DONE AK!!! yet another fine night! I love playing the kit Kat club. you always get well looked after and always have a top night!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblackbelts
Rig
Stalker
Stalker
Rig

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 9:58 am

ha, yeah man is it telling you something? jocolor

nearly forgot HBH, awesome, thought it was gonna kick off on the dancefloor when they were on

if you're in the mood for more fiori check out a little remix i did in the media section Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rig
Stalker
Stalker
Rig

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 10:31 am

that was a joke btw mark, i did put you in the article and i did want to check you out last night

don't want to give the impression of me being a 'cunt'

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
markyg
Menace
Menace
markyg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 10:54 am

haha, I know it was a joke, so was my comment.. anyways it was nice to meet you properly last night sir, even though i was very drunk!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Stuart
Fanatic
Fanatic
Mr Stuart

Male
Number of posts : 412
Hermit Points : 660

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:14 am

aye cheers for yet another good night ak! well annoyed about our 'technical problems' messing up our set like, but the other bands were spot on, it was a real good night of music and raffle based fun.
Back to top Go down
markyg
Menace
Menace
markyg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:47 am

the show went on tho Stu, and we didnt crumble, like a lot of bands would have. I really enjoyed our set to be honest and dont care what anyone thinks. Geordie proved himself as an awesome frontman who carried on rockin out even when his guitar fell off, and i think it is unfair to say that that ruined the set cos it didn't. Everyone i spoke to loved it.

anyways, tonight, i shall break my strings, blow up my amp and electrocute myself, see how much that fucks the set up
Back to top Go down
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male
Number of posts : 3341
Hermit Points : 5333

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:15 pm

well, it was a wicked night!! Really enjoyed it!! Very Happy

Even with the hiccups The Blackbelts were ace (I'm not just saying that cause your my mates)

Fiori....WHAT a band (enough said)

I'll be honest and say HBH arent my kind of music but they still sounded good, so well played to them

Gutted Trailer didnt play, but at least we got to dance to one of their songs afterwards Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinghermit.com
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
Sound Foundry

Male
Number of posts : 2735
Hermit Points : 4360

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:57 pm

What an incredible night! Now let's get this straight.... there are two ways of saying "great gig" - one is what everyone says when they've just been out and seen their mates play a great set at what is in reality a badly organised shambles of a gig in a pub back room.

The other is what you say when you've had a night out at a real venue where everything has been put together professionally AND the bands are awesome. This is the kind of "great gig" I was at last night.

The Blackbelts - Shit happens, and these guys had some things go wrong. BUT shit happens for everybody.... it's how you deal with it that separates the men from the boys and the Blackbelts pulled it off with a masterclass of professionalism and pure entertainment. Lesser mortals would have crumbled.

King Hermit - Haven't seen the boys live for a while and last night was a real treat. The new stuff is for me the best they've ever produced and I was blown away. Second song in was a killer. Typically competent, well rehearsed performance, but there was something else in there I can't quite put my finger on - fresh and exciting is all I can say.

Unfortunately missed HBH as we were downstairs.

Fiori - There's nothing to say that hasn't been said before recently about these chaps (now that people are realising what we've known for years). As you go up the ladder of how good a band is, you come to a wide gap between 'the very best unsigned band' and a 'pro' band. It's only really noticeable when you get a real pro band in front of you. Every time I see Fiori the same words go through my head - "See... now THAT'S what I'm talkin about". They ARE without doubt the full package.... even if the band members themselves aren't quite the 'full shillin' Ha Ha.

Great night apart from (as always) chavs trying to spoil it for everyone. It's time the authorities stopped trying to 'engage' with these kids and realised there's only one way to deal with them...... shoot them en masse

Well done AK, Emsar and everyone involved and thanks for a "great gig"
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesoundfoundry.co.uk
the slave
Fanatic
Fanatic
the slave

Number of posts : 379
Hermit Points : 184

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:58 pm

I would like to say publicly that that was the KIT KAT's finest moment.
I was knocked out by ALL the bands. They all gave it plenty!
The Blackbelts were truly great last night despite Geordie saying otherwise. What a great frontman he is. They set the tone for the rest of the night...FUN,FUN,FUN.
King Hermit were rockabillytastic. They got that dancefloor pumping.
Dirty Wallz was a delight.
Big up to the Amazing G who was impressing women at the bar last time I saw him. hehe.
Haunted by Humans were immense. What a voice that lad has got!!!!GET DANGEROUS makes the hairs stand up on my neck. I'd had a few by then so I was belting out that track at the top of my voice. If there was any justice in this world 'Get Dangerous' would be a worldwide smash hit. It pisses all over most of the shit we're fed on the airwaves.
Finally, my boys . They blew me away again! I was so proud of 'em.
THANK YOU to everyone that turned up and made the night what it was...
And last but certainly not least Stew and Ginell for caring.
I love you all.
I hurt EVERYWHERE this morning.
The sign of a great night out. Very Happy Cool
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Kelly

Number of posts : 969
Hermit Points : 2593

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Wicked nights entertainment. I loved every minute of it.
Got one hell of a hangover today though.
Congratulations to all involved
AK you looked fab last night.

Kelly xxx
(Rockabillytastic - love it)
Back to top Go down
Dr Brackish Okun
Stalker
Stalker
Dr Brackish Okun

Male
Number of posts : 1322
Hermit Points : 2628

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Blackbelts - Awesome, as i said on geordies facebook if anything the guitar problem improved the gig for me. Thing is with you guys is that it's not my kind of music at all, but I did really enjoy it and was paying attention for the whole set. Normally that stuff I just switch off a bit, and like i said you just got better as it went on.

King Hermit - fucking hell, finally saw a band in them who are immensely fresh and confident. You've really found your sound and that set was stunningly bang on, one of the best i've ever seen from a cov band. I can't tell you how much i loved that second song, i really see you guys starting to crank it up a bit. It's just a shame that Grimley wasn't doing the sound because the over use of 5k on the kit was too intense even for my deaf ears! No disrespect meant to the guy though especially after what happened. Really hope he's ok. But yeah, top notch and i NEED that song and I'm so remixing that mother!

Dirty Wallz - fucking amazing, simple as, it's been a pleasure watching you come on mate, so proud to have shared the stage with ya back at Covstock 4 and that song needs that rap in it from now on!

Haunted by Humans were really well polished as expected and that dnb beat that kicked in after the first song, i thought it was meant to be there because it was awesome. I'd love to hear them with that kinda shit on the go to be honest, could give them a real edge. Matt Fishers sounds especially were stunning! Loved it. I nearly got myself kicked in though because some coont split half my pint over me and I was about to nut him if he came near me! Probably would've started a riot so best I didnt haha! Was on the dutch courage obviously last night!

Fiori - Ha! No need to comment, amazing, was just gutted I wasn't playing the drums haha! New songs are class, old ones still sound awesome and considering Dave broke his voice he sang awesomely.

In summary, proud to be part of the family, gutted we didn't play.
Back to top Go down
Caroline
Devotee
Devotee
Caroline

Female
Number of posts : 802
Hermit Points : 905

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:58 pm

thanks for the fun night everyone.
i wont let myself get all soppy over everyone, but loved watchin you all.

and thanks for winning ticket number 24 of the new house phone.

funniest moment was everyone fighting over dale's prise of condoms near the end of the night. u dirty little minxters.
Back to top Go down
the slave
Fanatic
Fanatic
the slave

Number of posts : 379
Hermit Points : 184

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 2:05 pm

Even I have a condom. It was in my bag when I got home. Good job my O.H. is an understanding, trusting chap, eh! Laughing
And Caroline, it was a pleasure to meet you in the flesh. I could get really soppy about last night too. So many lovely people.........I feel priveledged to know you all.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Caroline
Devotee
Devotee
Caroline

Female
Number of posts : 802
Hermit Points : 905

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 2:14 pm

aww yes lovely to meet you too, and what a sweet compliment at the bar too.
Back to top Go down
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 3:41 pm

Theres alot of love here, which is great!

I agree with what Myke said about the Blackbelts guitar problem. If anything it showed that you guys are pro enough to keep the show going after it happened. I heard of bands who have walked off stage when something like that happens, so well done for keep going!
Back to top Go down
Mr Stuart
Fanatic
Fanatic
Mr Stuart

Male
Number of posts : 412
Hermit Points : 660

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:09 pm

cheers for nice blackbelt related comments, feel a bit better about it now

re. king hermits second song - its definately the best of the new ones i've heard, i said to mr sean it could be a right indie dancefloor filler, and last night proved it.
Back to top Go down
Dr Brackish Okun
Stalker
Stalker
Dr Brackish Okun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 5:45 pm

It's a single no doubt
Back to top Go down
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 5959
Hermit Points : 12391

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 8:40 pm

Thanks everyone for a great night, today hasn't been so hot but who cares.

Fiori are simply the best band around, no question.

I actually like what happened with Geordies guitar, puts a spin on things and it's cool seeing how bands react to things like that and you didn't skip abeat and carried on professional, was good.

Get Dangerous is like one of my favourite songs ever for a local band, great chorus from those Haunted by Guyliners.

Tar, for the compliments, the second track is called 'Scare Tactics' by the way.

One final point, i left (or lost) a brown dunlop shoulder bag, i looked for it today and couldn't see it, maybe one of the other bands picked it up by mistake. hopefully someone can help me find it because it has my camcorder inside Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 5959
Hermit Points : 12391

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 8:49 pm

Oh and i have plenty of connys left to go around.
Back to top Go down
Dr Brackish Okun
Stalker
Stalker
Dr Brackish Okun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 12:54 am

The message clearly didnt get to you but Matt Fisher has it and is dropping it off at Stews today. I told Jim and Stew to tell you!
Back to top Go down
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 1:25 am

opps i forgot....thats cool he has it
Back to top Go down
Dr Brackish Okun
Stalker
Stalker
Dr Brackish Okun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 1:39 am

You get in ok last night mate?
Back to top Go down
Jimatay
Mod
Mod

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 1:51 am

yeah. Taxi driver became quite vocal after yous got out.......trouble makers Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr Brackish Okun
Stalker
Stalker
Dr Brackish Okun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 1:59 am

What us or the chavs?!

Did anyone see how pished Stew was...was awesome! The ice man was well and truely melted last night ;O)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas   Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last 2 Kit Kats before Christmas
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next