King Hermit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
King Hermit

the official King Hermit message board

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!

Go down 
+3
Dale
Danny
Corky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Corky
Fanatic
Fanatic
Corky

Male
Number of posts : 432
Hermit Points : 1528

Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! Empty
PostSubject: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:25 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/election/article-1269649/General-Election-2010-Lib-Dems-secret-plan-high-street-cannabis-cafes.html?ITO=1490
Back to top Go down
Danny
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Danny

Male
Number of posts : 946
Hermit Points : 2771

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:51 am

Bill Hicks wrote:
“If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them, because all the musicians that made that great music......real fucking high on drugs. I mean, the Beatles were so high they let Ringo sing a couple of tunes”.

Last edited by Cannonball Taffy O'Jones on Mon May 03, 2010 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 5959
Hermit Points : 12391

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:57 am

Can't believe the angle they put on this, it's weed for god sake, Alcohol and fags are legal but weed isn't and that is just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinghermit.com
Muldoon
Dangerous
Dangerous
Muldoon

Male
Number of posts : 2504
Hermit Points : 4082

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptySun May 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Two words
"Daily"
"Mail"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/damagelimitationrecords
Mr Stuart
Fanatic
Fanatic
Mr Stuart

Male
Number of posts : 412
Hermit Points : 660

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:27 pm

The Mail's a joke, it astounds me that someone can essentially just print a load of shite and there are people out there who will just lap it all up. I know all papers have a viewpoint to push and a target audience to satisfy but The Daily Mail seems to take it to such extremes, surely people must realise what a pisstake it is
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblackbelts
Danny
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Danny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:49 am

Drivdac wrote:
Can't believe the angle they put on this, it's weed for god sake, Alcohol and fags are legal but weed isn't and that is just ridiculous.

And again,

Bill Hicks wrote:
I think it's interesting the two drugs that are legal, alcohol and cigarettes, two drugs that do absolutely nothing for you at all; and the drugs that might open your mind up to realize how badly you're being fucked every day of your life? … Those drugs are against the law

and one more

Bill Hicks wrote:
There's a guy at a football game being incredibly aggressive and violent, is he drunk or is he high?...I rest my case
Back to top Go down
Danny
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Danny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:53 am

However, now that i've said that i'm going to be sensible and put my mental health hat on. I've seen first hand the damage weed can do, and it's pretty much irreversible, and that isn't even from long term use. Regular use over a short period is just as damaging. I know there are studies that have been done and that are being done saying that the link between marijuana use and the development of schizophrenia/psychosis is neglible, but all i'm saying is i've seen too many lads, younger than myself, become revolving door patients because they enjoy smoking weed.
Back to top Go down
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
Sound Foundry

Male
Number of posts : 2735
Hermit Points : 4360

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:10 pm

The Mail is no different to any other paper, nor are the people who read it.

ALL the papers are full of shit in equal measure

Yes, they all have a particular viewpoint to push and it's these different viewpoints that provide 'balance' across the board.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesoundfoundry.co.uk
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:20 pm

How dare you tar The Sport with your brush! shame on you.
Back to top Go down
Blake
Dedicated fan
Dedicated fan
Blake

Male
Number of posts : 209
Hermit Points : 357

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:19 pm

Cannonball Taffy O'Jones wrote:
However, now that i've said that i'm going to be sensible and put my mental health hat on. I've seen first hand the damage weed can do, and it's pretty much irreversible, and that isn't even from long term use. Regular use over a short period is just as damaging. I know there are studies that have been done and that are being done saying that the link between marijuana use and the development of schizophrenia/psychosis is neglible, but all i'm saying is i've seen too many lads, younger than myself, become revolving door patients because they enjoy smoking weed.

The plural of anecdote is anecdotes. Not data.

Large-scale, well-executed studies which allow for multiple variables to be taken into account, controlled and assessed, must always given higher respect than one person's viewpoint or experience. In fact, it would seem that the most dangerous three words to progressive scientific understanding, particularly in the arena of health, would be "in my experience".

Not that one person's experience is meaningless, it just shouldn't be trusted as a measure of what is correct. Anecdotal evidence is an excellent starting point for a study: human beings spot patterns which raise questions such as "Hey... I notice some of my friends that smoked a lot of weed ended up with mental health issues", but on such an issue as difficult to understand as this, it is meaningless when it comes to drawing a conclusion.

In my own personal experience, I've known many many people who have been involved in regular use of marijuana who are just fine! Does this mean dope is harmless? No, of course not. My personal viewpoint is very narrow in the big scheme of things and the conclusions I draw from it have to be tentative. It's probably more likely that other factors such as socio-economic conditions and family history are more likely to contribute. But hey, that's only my experience.

As a species, we make mistakes, and scientific studies are the best way to weed out those mistakes of perception. While the best studies available say the link between marijuana use and the development of schizophrenia/psychosis is neglible, then that is what we have to give provisional assent to. But be sure to pay special note to that word "provisional".... because tomorrow a better study could come along with an entirely different conclusion. And we, in our humility, would have to change our minds.

Just to put in my personal opinion on the legal issue though: I'm with the lib dems on this. Legalise it.
Back to top Go down
Blake
Dedicated fan
Dedicated fan
Blake

Male
Number of posts : 209
Hermit Points : 357

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Oh, and Bill Hicks... very funny man, loved his comedy, but my God, he was wrong about many, many things.
Back to top Go down
Danny
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Danny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Fair enough. But i'm not talking from an individual standpoint when i say 'in my experience'. Every other single person who has worked in mental health would say the same thing. People who have been in the setting for 35 odd years like my mum and dad would say the same thing. I'm obviously not saying that smoking weed = guaranteed mental health issues. What i was trying to say is that smoking weed, on a regular basis, CAN cause mental health problems. In the same way that consuming alcohol on a regular basis CAN lead to both physical health and alcohol issues.

Blake wrote:
Oh, and Bill Hicks... very funny man, loved his comedy, but my God, he was wrong about many, many thing

As for this, you may disagree with what he say with regards to drinking, drugs, conspiracy, etc, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's wrong, he had his opinion and you have yours
Back to top Go down
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Blake wrote:

As a species, we make mistakes, and scientific studies are the best way to weed out those mistakes of perception.

lovely stuff.
Back to top Go down
Muldoon
Dangerous
Dangerous
Muldoon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:02 pm

Sound Foundry wrote:
The Mail is no different to any other paper, nor are the people who read it.

They are, they are normally morons and racist Wink
Back to top Go down
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
Sound Foundry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Seen the Mirror lately?
Back to top Go down
Muldoon
Dangerous
Dangerous
Muldoon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:11 am

The paper or an actual one? eitheway the answer is no
Back to top Go down
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
Sound Foundry

Male

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:46 pm

good move.... on both counts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!   Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lib Dems secure the student, artist and 60's love child votes!
Page 1 of 1