King Hermit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
King Hermit

the official King Hermit message board

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)

Go down 
+4
stef
Kelly
Dan Searles
Dale
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 5959
Hermit Points : 12391

Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) Empty
PostSubject: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Why is there that little lame pocket next to a regular pocket on Jeans? somebody answer me this!

Also always wondered why do we write the date '31st March' but say 'THE 31st OF March'...explain.

Last edited by Drivdac on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinghermit.com
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 5959
Hermit Points : 12391

PostSubject: Re: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:49 pm

Also, why do people refuse to accept they are called batches?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinghermit.com
Dan Searles
Stalker
Stalker
Dan Searles

Male
Number of posts : 1331
Hermit Points : 2333

PostSubject: Re: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:48 pm

Drivdac wrote:
Why is there that little lame pocket next to a regular pocket on Jeans? somebody answer me this!

Also always wondered why do we write the date '31st March' but say 'THE 31st OF March'...explain.
That little pocket holds my ipod and so it doesn't get scratcehd by my keys.
The date thing is probably a contraction that happened over time because everyone knows what it means.

And use of batch is a colloquialism, so is rightly used in one area and in others they just think you're barmy. Very similar to the pronunciation of grass, castle and path, down south they put an 'r' into their speech ie grarss, carstle and parth. This is actually explained in the dictionary and so doesn't make them wrong though, although they plainly are.

Why do the Kiwi's believe mullets, rats tails, dreadlock mullets and worst of them all skullets are good hairstyle to sport? Yes the Maori people seem to have mullets as a part of their culture, along with facial tattoos, but those who aren't part of this culture just look silly, but don't seem to realise it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dansearles.com
Kelly
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Kelly

Number of posts : 969
Hermit Points : 2593

PostSubject: Re: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:48 am

[quote="Drivdac"]Why is there that little lame pocket next to a regular pocket on Jeans? somebody answer me this!

I think it was a put there originally as a condom pocket.
Back to top Go down
stef
Super Fan
Super Fan

Number of posts : 655
Hermit Points : 1302

PostSubject: Re: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:57 am

Drivdac wrote:

guitar pick pocket mate
Back to top Go down
markyg
Menace
Menace
markyg

Male
Number of posts : 2061
Hermit Points : 1079

PostSubject: Re: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:40 am

or is it to put your thumb in so you can stand there looking cool

Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) Sb100610
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblackbelts
Caroline
Devotee
Devotee
Caroline

Female
Number of posts : 802
Hermit Points : 905

PostSubject: Re: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:07 am

I always thought the smaller pocket is for change, and the larger pocket for wallets.

And i've also wondered whether girls pockets on jeans are smaller than those on guys, to which handbags were invented.
Back to top Go down
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
Neil

Male
Number of posts : 896
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:38 am

Aparently when jeans were first designed in the 1800's it was to put a pocket watch in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
Neil

Male
Number of posts : 896
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 am

Why does Coventry have so many fucking taxis?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
Danny
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Danny

Male
Number of posts : 946
Hermit Points : 2771

PostSubject: Re: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:41 pm

Stef wrote:
Drivdac wrote:

guitar pick pocket mate

What he said

And it's THE 31st of march because it's 'the 31st day of march' i'd imagine, that's just a mouthful. If you don't like it fuck off to yank who twist it and just say march 30th, but then the way they write their dates is backwards too, they write 3.30.10 whereas we would write 30.3.10
Back to top Go down
Danny
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Danny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:42 pm

And i'm assuming the batch thing was to get a rise out of me and neil, from what i can gather it's purely a coventry/nuneaton thing
Back to top Go down
Danny
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Danny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:43 pm

Neil wrote:
Why does Coventry have so many fucking taxis?

I love that we have so many taxis, you never have to wait for one when it's picking you up from your house, and it's not difficult to find one when you're on your way home from having been on the piss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)   Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Those pointless little questions in life (with hopeful answers)
Page 1 of 1