King Hermit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
King Hermit

the official King Hermit message board

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)

Go down 
+10
the amazing g
Dr Brackish Okun
Caroline
Neil
Steve
Corky
Kelly
HULK SMASH!
Rig
Dale
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male
Number of posts : 5959
Hermit Points : 12391

Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) Empty
PostSubject: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:32 pm

I know you all must have one, everyone has.

I got a bunch but i'll start with this:

Walking into these girls dressing room (hotel room) at covstock when they were half naked.

Robots In Disguise / part time actors in The Mighty Boosh.
Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) Robots_in_disguise-gal-booshfest

We booked them and i was their liason so it was cool to go in, and i did knock, didn't expect them to be pretty much half naked though, was a nice perk of the job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kinghermit.com
Rig
Stalker
Stalker
Rig

Male
Number of posts : 1493
Hermit Points : 1628

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:45 pm

nice, the bass player was checking out Paul Fiori when i was stood side stage with him

i sat on kenneth williams knee when i was a very young boy, he was fully clothed

saw mudhoney in nottingham centre walking towards us a night they played and dived into a very handy record shop and bought suck you dry then got it signed by all but steve turner, very nerd like

David Speedy came my sisters wedding but was a bit of a t0sser
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/moschakis
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:59 pm

I was at an old Cov City players wedding (Ray wood...wwhhhhhhhho!) and a bunch of the first team were there dancing on the tables with their trousers off, i'm talking the Quinn, Flynn and other one that sounded the same, oh and Ndlovu was there too.

I got autographs too, was about 11 or something so i'm struggling to remember.

also met Zane Lowe at the peak of Bo Selecta popularity and pissed up shouted in his face "zaneeeeeeeee lowe" (like Craig David style) and he replied with "alright mate."

Last edited by Drivdac on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HULK SMASH!
Stalker
Stalker
HULK SMASH!

Male
Number of posts : 1047
Hermit Points : 1209

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Rig wrote:
David Speedy came my sisters wedding but was a bit of a t0sser

The bass player from Jesus Deluxe?
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Kelly

Number of posts : 969
Hermit Points : 2593

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:44 pm

Drivdac wrote:
I know you all must have one, everyone has.

I got a bunch but i'll start with this:

Walking into these girls dressing room (hotel room) at covstock when they were half naked.

Robots In Disguise / part time actors in The Mighty Boosh.
Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) Robots_in_disguise-gal-booshfest

We booked them and i was their liason so it was cool to go in, and i did knock, didn't expect them to be pretty much half naked though, was a nice perk of the job.

Hahaha, thats the first time I've heard that story. thank god John didn't go in.
Back to top Go down
Corky
Fanatic
Fanatic
Corky

Male
Number of posts : 432
Hermit Points : 1528

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:09 pm

I was at the Ice bar in London about a year ago and someone bloke pushed in front of me when I was queuing for the bar to which I called said gentleman an ignorant c@nt, turned out to be Nick Hodgson of the Kaiser Chiefs.
Back to top Go down
Steve
Fanatic
Fanatic
Steve

Male
Number of posts : 369
Hermit Points : 1332

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:48 pm

I tried to pull Zane Lowes trousers down in Ibiza this year whilst he was DJing. But I failed.

I got picked out of the crowd at the Coventry StreetJAM festival (basketball shindig in the pool meadow car park) and had to score 3 goals past Daily Thomson in order to win the new Adidas Predator boots. Again I failed.

Was in the same curry house a Dean Gaffney.

Best of all I used to work at Ikon, and on student night, whilst the wrestling was on at the Skydome Arena, they failed to mention to me that my child hood hero's Mick Foley and D-Lo Brown were doing a PA, was walking around the staff area and I thought "I reconise that scruffy bastard", got a bit star struck, I got Mick Foleys signature but he failed to dot the 'eyes' on his 'smiley face'. (his trademark logo)
Back to top Go down
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
Neil

Male
Number of posts : 896
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:52 am

Had a piss in between Bob Geldof and Simon Pegg when the dolls played NME awards.
Had a piss with 2 members of Goldie Looking Chains at Radio 1 Big Weekend
Stole beers from Hard-Fi's Changing room at Koko's and drank them with Libertines Drummer(Who has an unusually high voice)
Embarrassed myself in front of Brian May whilst off my tits!
Tried to talk about football(Which I know very little about) with google eyed fella from Travis whilst off my tits.
Tried to tell singer from Travis a funny story involving me singing "Why does it always rain on me" on holiday which wasn't actually that funny....whilst off my tits.
Nodded my head to Noel backstage at Glasto and getting no response whatsoever "Cunt"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
Rig
Stalker
Stalker
Rig

Male
Number of posts : 1493
Hermit Points : 1628

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 8:39 am

haha, i've heard your funny stories Neil

sounds to me like you spend a lot of time hanging around celebrity toilets, whilst off your tits

nodded my head to both Andy Gray and Trevor Francis, both aknowledged me, cunts!

met Lady Di and Charles before they got married

met Darth Vader, fully suited, was the real actor inside
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/moschakis
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
Neil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:48 am

Funny you should mention the Toilet thing I met George Michael once when he was hanging out of my arse....whlst I was off my tits!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:58 am

My Mum sat behind Sean Connery at the belgrade many years ago - when he was Bond.
She told him she'd never actually seen any of his films, but thought he was great anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
Corky
Fanatic
Fanatic
Corky

Male
Number of posts : 432
Hermit Points : 1528

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 5:21 pm

Neil wrote:

Stole beers from Hard-Fi's Changing room at Koko's and drank them with Libertines Drummer(Who has an unusually high voice)

Gary? he dj'ed Supernova for me in august, yeah really high voice, stella bloke though
Back to top Go down
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
Neil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:38 am

Yeah Gary. He was sound, Hard-fi's manager/agent gave us loads of grief about it too. Hard-fi were ok...except for the singer.Head up his arse!!
Back to top Go down
Caroline
Devotee
Devotee
Caroline

Female
Number of posts : 802
Hermit Points : 905

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:51 am

i had a signature for mark speight from smART many years ago but has long been thrown in the bin during a clear out.

OOOW how could i forget, and after Dale's reminder yesterday, meeting Orlando Weeks of The Maccabees. just a little bit tasty. x
Back to top Go down
Dr Brackish Okun
Stalker
Stalker
Dr Brackish Okun

Male
Number of posts : 1322
Hermit Points : 2628

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:14 pm

I met him when he was a scenester geek being all wacky before they were famous. They were one of the worst bands I've ever seen!
Back to top Go down
the amazing g
Devotee
Devotee
the amazing g

Male
Number of posts : 842
Hermit Points : 2347

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:15 pm

Did a gig with Jamie T, met him and his missus, nice bloke. Hung out with Goldie and a few of his minders last december at the Kasbah. Had a luagh with Calvin Harris earlier this year when his mate was off his tits.. Awesome bloke. Funny as hell.

Chino Moreno from th Deftones once stole my pen to sign AUtographs at Rock City in Nottingham.

As a kid, Met and got autographs from the entire 1987 Coventry 1st team, bet that scrapbook is worth a few bob now... Including Big john Sillett.

And to cap it all off, 5 years ago I fixed Actor Adam Woodyatt (Ian Beale) in Eastenders's TV. He was a right cunt.
Back to top Go down
Boris The Spider
Super Stalker
Super Stalker
Boris The Spider

Female
Number of posts : 1605
Hermit Points : 562

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:30 pm

Jamie T got an entire gig crowd to boo me. He's mean.
Back to top Go down
Kelly
Number 1 fan
Number 1 fan
Kelly

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Why did he do that? spill the beans.
Back to top Go down
Dale
Admin
Admin
Dale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:12 pm

When we met Orlando Weeks (i was interviewing him) I missed his name from the tour manager so i said "sorry, what's your name?" and he said looking puzzled at my request "...Orlando" and I said "oh yeah, you're the singer aren't you?".

I think he twigged at that point I wasn't a fan.
Back to top Go down
Boris The Spider
Super Stalker
Super Stalker
Boris The Spider

Female

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Aww, I love the maccabees.
Back to top Go down
Boris The Spider
Super Stalker
Super Stalker
Boris The Spider

Female

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Apparently he was in the same year at school as Florence & Jack Penate and if he didn't look so very young I'd think that the other 2 were lying about only being 22 as they look MUCH older.
Back to top Go down
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
Sound Foundry

Male
Number of posts : 2735
Hermit Points : 4360

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 2:23 am

Gene Simmons (OBviously), who asked me if he could buy Cov cathedral

Recently spent 10 minutes talking with Tito Jackson in his dressing room

Stood next to Janet Street Porter on an escalator on the underground

Met Wendy Richard at a cashpoint on Edgeware Road

Met the sexy bint from the Renault ads (y'know... VA VA VOOM!) when I worked the ad agencies in London

Spilled Terry Venables drink in a pub in the West End

Interviewed Hazel O'Connor for the Telegraph

Put on Shane Lynch's rap metal band at the Jailhouse

Met Gladys Knight briefly a couple of weeks ago (she said "bye bye" with a towel over her head)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesoundfoundry.co.uk
Muldoon
Dangerous
Dangerous
Muldoon

Male
Number of posts : 2504
Hermit Points : 4082

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:13 am

im quite dtunk so a shortlist at the moment ...

bands i have interviewed/met

Bad Religion
Pennywise
A
Lagwagon
Symposium
Idlewild
Atom and His Package
Big D and The Kids Table
Lost Prophets
Funeral For A Friend
Gallows
Kenickie
Bis
Biffy Clyro
Three Colours Red
Battles
A couple of cunts from Wu Tang Clan (introduced them to Dirty Wallz)
Terrorvision
The Crocketts

Random Folks

Richard Herring
Andrew Collins
The guy who presented catchphrase ??
Gene Simonds
Shayne Lynch
Stuart Lee
Rick Mayall
David Batty
Gordon Strachan
Peter Ndlovu
Iain Lee
Becky Big Brother (Called Her A Daft Twat)
Brian Blessed
Brian Michael Bendis (Only Neil and Martin will understand how awesome this is)

I will add more when i sober up .......... i am a celeb whore
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/damagelimitationrecords
Muldoon
Dangerous
Dangerous
Muldoon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:14 am

Oh and Ian Mc Kaye
Back to top Go down
Muldoon
Dangerous
Dangerous
Muldoon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:21 am

And Noddy Holders daughter ........ So have you John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)   Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky) Empty

Back to top Go down

Celebrity meetings (preferably wacky)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next