King Hermit

the official King Hermit message board
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 What films you watched recently?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 896
Karma : 21
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:17 pm

Damage 6/10

I'm ill off work with Dirty Harry Box set.
Dirty Harry 7/10
Magnum Force 8/10
The Enforcer 5/10
Sudden Impact 6/10
The Dead Pool 3/10

Million Dollar Baby 8/10
Buba Ho Tep 7/10
Nightwatch 6/10
Daywatch 4/10

(not for the faint hearted)
AntiChrist 5/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 896
Karma : 21
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:22 pm

Oh and I watched Martyrs 8/10(if you get what its about) if you dont it can be quite disturbing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
Dr Brackish Okun
Stalker
Stalker
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1322
Age : 32
Karma : 3
Hermit Points : 2628

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Saw Invention of Lying...weird? I can't tell if I enjoyed it or not!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corky
Fanatic
Fanatic
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 432
Age : 31
Karma : 8
Hermit Points : 1528

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:34 pm

Watched Twilight tonight to quote my own facebook post.....


"Just saw twilight with Sarah, for fuck sake what is it about the silver screen trying to make normal men up their game.... ok women you've managed to make us put down the seat when we've finished pissing, do our own washing and ironing, hel...l maybe eve...n fold our clothes once in a while but if you think im going to run up a tree with you on my back you can fuck right off."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimatay
Mod
Mod


Male
Number of posts : 3341
Age : 33
Karma : 12
Hermit Points : 5333

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:17 am

IT - 8/10
Dogma 9/10

_________________
Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kinghermit.com
Dale
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 5959
Age : 33
Karma : 50
Hermit Points : 12391

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:47 am

Mofo wrote:
Saw Invention of Lying...weird? I can't tell if I enjoyed it or not!

You want to like it but you know it deep down it's crap, same as pretty much everyone who watches it.

And can people please stop casting Jennifer Garner as a character i'm supposed to like, it's never going to work.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kinghermit.com
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 896
Karma : 21
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:17 am

Ricky Gervais is over rated and bores me these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
stef
Super Fan
Super Fan


Number of posts : 655
Karma : 6
Hermit Points : 1302

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:05 am

all cheesy action, all enjoyable but not amazing

the tournament
crank 2
damage
never back down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 896
Karma : 21
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:03 pm

Law abiding Citizen-7/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
ClareyBABY
Super Fan
Super Fan
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 613
Age : 27
Karma : -15
Hermit Points : 763

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:07 pm

The Boat That Rocked... again..... 9/10 for purely the soundtrack

and i bought Poltergeist the other day... not seen it in a few years
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/blonde_baby_460
HULK SMASH!
Stalker
Stalker
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1047
Karma : 17
Hermit Points : 1209

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:20 pm

Got literally hundreds of films on my PS3 HDD that I haven't got round to watching. Fell asleep watching No Trumpet For Old Lou (or something like that) last night. Its about a bowl head what likes killing stuff. Is it worth watching all the way through?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neilthehobo
Beginner
Beginner
avatar

Number of posts : 43
Karma : 0
Hermit Points : 43

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:21 pm

UP.

Fantastic film. Superbly animated. 9/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 896
Karma : 21
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Just watched the first 20 mins of The Invention of Lying and it's bollocks. The film is set in a world where no one can lie? Fair enough. But, the it doesn't mention why everyone has to offer up the truth regardless of having being asked a question. For example she says "I'm just going upstairs and maybe finish off masturbating" she could have said "I'm just going upstairs" she is not lying is she. Anyway, not gonna watch the rest!! Looks shit!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 896
Karma : 21
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:32 pm

Neil wrote:
Just watched the first 20 mins of The Invention of Lying and it's bollocks. The film is set in a world where no one can lie? Fair enough. But, the it doesn't mention why everyone has to offer up the truth regardless of having being asked a question. For example she says "I'm just going upstairs and maybe finish off masturbating" she could have said "I'm just going upstairs" she is not lying is she. Anyway, not gonna watch the rest!! Looks shit!!

Stuck with it and I have changed my mind. Genius. Gervais has managed to get Hollywood to make a mainstream movie to riddicule religion. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
Steve
Fanatic
Fanatic
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 369
Age : 105
Karma : 10
Hermit Points : 1332

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:08 pm

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus 9/10 and straight into my top 5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dale
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 5959
Age : 33
Karma : 50
Hermit Points : 12391

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:32 pm

Neil wrote:
Neil wrote:
Just watched the first 20 mins of The Invention of Lying and it's bollocks. The film is set in a world where no one can lie? Fair enough. But, the it doesn't mention why everyone has to offer up the truth regardless of having being asked a question. For example she says "I'm just going upstairs and maybe finish off masturbating" she could have said "I'm just going upstairs" she is not lying is she. Anyway, not gonna watch the rest!! Looks shit!!

Stuck with it and I have changed my mind. Genius. Gervais has managed to get Hollywood to make a mainstream movie to riddicule religion. Awesome.

But it's not funny in the slightest, which is a shame cause the premise is great.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kinghermit.com
Dale
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 5959
Age : 33
Karma : 50
Hermit Points : 12391

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:33 pm

Kid Icarus wrote:
Got literally hundreds of films on my PS3 HDD that I haven't got round to watching. Fell asleep watching No Trumpet For Old Lou (or something like that) last night. Its about a bowl head what likes killing stuff. Is it worth watching all the way through?

Yes, it's quite good, ending is abit wierd/shit but on the whole it's decent.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kinghermit.com
Muldoon
Dangerous
Dangerous
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2504
Age : 34
Karma : 19
Hermit Points : 4082

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:30 am

Zombieland, ruddy awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/damagelimitationrecords
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 896
Karma : 21
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:52 am

Drivdac wrote:
Neil wrote:
Neil wrote:
Just watched the first 20 mins of The Invention of Lying and it's bollocks. The film is set in a world where no one can lie? Fair enough. But, the it doesn't mention why everyone has to offer up the truth regardless of having being asked a question. For example she says "I'm just going upstairs and maybe finish off masturbating" she could have said "I'm just going upstairs" she is not lying is she. Anyway, not gonna watch the rest!! Looks shit!!

Stuck with it and I have changed my mind. Genius. Gervais has managed to get Hollywood to make a mainstream movie to riddicule religion. Awesome.

But it's not funny in the slightest, which is a shame cause the premise is great.

You are right...it isn't funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
Dan Searles
Stalker
Stalker
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 1331
Age : 38
Karma : 1
Hermit Points : 2333

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:06 am

The Piano - 6/10
Coppola's Dracula - 5/10
The Hunt for Gollum - 8/10 brilliant fan made movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dansearles.com
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 896
Karma : 21
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:43 am

Mithy wrote:
Zombieland, ruddy awesome

running Zombies Miffy??? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
Muldoon
Dangerous
Dangerous
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2504
Age : 34
Karma : 19
Hermit Points : 4082

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:57 pm

I can put "reality" aside for a good film
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/damagelimitationrecords
Sound Foundry
Dangerous
Dangerous
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 2735
Age : 36
Karma : 17
Hermit Points : 4360

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:52 pm

Watch 'An American Crime' - based purely on the court transcripts of the real-life case. Disturbingly fucked up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thesoundfoundry.co.uk
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 896
Karma : 21
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Moon-9/10
I sell the dead-7/10
Paranormal Activity 8/10
Public Enemies-4/10
IP Man-9/10
Le Donk and Skor zay zee-9/10
Orphan-6/10
Eden Lake-2/10(Good film but I don't feel comfortable watching these torture flicks anymore.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
Neil
Devotee
Devotee
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 896
Karma : 21
Hermit Points : 2673

PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:14 pm

2012-4/10
I only went to see this because John Cusack was in it. Hollywood disaster movies are getting it wrong because there is no character building at the start. I remember all the disaster films from the past like Tower Inferno and The Poseidon Adventure and the first part of the film was to build characters so that you actually give a shit about them. 2012 spent 20 mins on this before jumping headfirst into one OTT CGI set piece after another.

Nothing new here. Could have been much better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/echoempireband
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What films you watched recently?   

Back to top Go down
 
What films you watched recently?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Foreign Films Appreciation Thread
» What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?
» Grande Ballroom movie
» The Pussi-fication of horror film
» Interview with Iggy about Films

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
King Hermit :: THIS FORUM IS NOW CLOSED-
Jump to: